Feeling tired and sluggish? Sometimes summer is the best time to cleanse, it's nice outside, fresh food sounds amazing, and you really really want to fit into the new bikini! Well here is an idea how to go about a summer cleanse!
1. Consult with your doctor to make sure a cleanse is the right thing for you to be doing especially if you are on medications or under a doctor's care.
2. Gather the delicious foods you will need for your cleanse. Like fresh fruits and veggies and herbal teas.
3. Start eating less gradually a couple days before your fast or cleanse. This is called a pre-cleanse, you may also use this time to purge coffee or alcohol. Your body needs time to adjust to less food so the pre and post cleanse is very important.
4.On day 1 of your cleanse eat lots of fresh fruits, juices, water , and herbal teas. Try to avoid bananas.
5.Try to avoid food on day 2. Drink lots of herbal teas and water. Some of the best teas to drink are black walnut and dandelion.
6. On day 3 keep drinking your herbal teas and water but also add veggies. You can prepare them anyway you'd like; steamed, raw, juiced, or blanched!
7. On day 4 try vegetable broth, herbal teas, and water. You can also add vegetables to this day if you need to!
8. On day 5 start with fresh fruits and fruit juices, you can have veggies for lunch and keep dinner light!
9. Post cleanse by slowly incorporating grains, nuts and whole foods back into your diet.
Happy Cleansing! :)